It was potluck dinner at my friends place, She has two cute kids so I thought of baking these muffins for them.
I Picked up chocolate muffins as in my opinion all kids love chocolate any time ( I love them too !!! ) . It was loved not only by the kids in the party but also equally well by the hungry adults. Apart from the fact of being very tasty they are very easy to bake too. So if you are craving for chocolate and healthy dessert, go for this as this is butter-less. Isn't it great ??
So here is the recipe :
- 2 cups: all-purpose flour
- 3/4 th cup: unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups: white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon: baking soda
- 2 teaspoons: baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: salt
- 1 1/2 cups: milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons: vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon: vanilla extract
- 1 cup: semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup: Roasted chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons white sugar( to sprinkle on the top ,this is optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In medium bowl, Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl stir in milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients to large bowl; beat well. Add chocolate chips and Almonds, stir well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle muffins with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- You can substitute almonds with walnuts and increase or decrease the amount of chocolate chips.
- This makes 12 muffins and little batter will be left after that. So I used the leftover in bread loaf pan.
- If you want shiny top than don't sprinkle sugar as you can see in my chocolate squares.