This is one of those recipe which is tasty and healthy too. I am glad that I tried this and was very happy with the results. The cake was very moist and light and was enjoyed by all.
I bought these orange cuties and was thinking to utilize them in some good way ( though they are so tasty by themselves ) . And thought of baking a cake with this fresh flavor cuties.
Here is the recipe :
whole wheat flour (atta)- 1 and 1/4 C
baking powder-2 tsp
Orange zest of 1 orange ( these cuties were small so i used 2 )
Fresh orange juice : 1/2 cup
vegetable/sunflower oil- 1 cup
sugar - 3/4 cup
Powdered sugar : just to sprinkle
- Pre heat the oven at 350 F .
- Prepare your loaf pan. ( can bake in 8 inch round pan also )
- Beat together the eggs, oil, orange juice and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add the orange zest.
- In another bowl, sieve together the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, a few tblsp at a time, and fold in .
- Pour the mixture to fill 3/4 of the prepared pan.
- Place the pan in the middle rack of the pre heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or till nicely browned.
- Cover the pan with foil ( to prevent over browning). Bake for another 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted through the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for a couple of minutes and then carefully transfer to a rack. Peel off the foil. Sprinkle with some powdered sugar.